DescriptionSt. Luke's United Methodist Church is a large, fast-growing, church with multiple campuses and a significant outreach to the community. Our Child Development Center has expanded into three locations because of the high demand of excellence that we strive for while enriching our children as they grow.
Our mission at St. Luke's is to share God's love and bring hope to the world. We accomplish that by sharing the message of Christ, growing in our faith, and serving the community. We are seeking individuals who have a love for God and a passion for working with children.
We currently have a position available for a Curriculum Coordinator/Administrative Assistant at one of our Child Development Center. This is a great opportunity for individuals seeking degrees in Early Childhood Development, Elementary Education, etc or for individuals who have a love for children.
To oversee and direct the planning, organizing, and implementation of education services for children. To provide a safe environment for the children and parents, and to promote a positive image and provide intellectual growth of the children. To ensure the classrooms are operated in accordance with St. Luke’s, licensing, and accreditation standards.
- To serve as a leader and a coordinator in the development and implementation of the curriculum in the classrooms.
- To stay abreast of trends in curriculum development and instructional aides and methods, serving as a resource to the teachers.
- Responsible for researching, evaluating, and attaining curriculum materials, supplies, and equipment.
- To maintain continuity of curriculum throughout St. Luke’s, Trinity, and First Kids.
- Supervise all classroom practices, room arrangements, lesson plans, daily schedule, routines and transitions to assure their adherence to program policies.
- Successful experiences working in a team setting, and able to present a positive image of the organization which requires effective communication, both oral and written.
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of teacher’s professional development and finds trainings that relate to specific age groups for the teachers to attend.
- Assumes responsibility for making sure all teachers complete the early learning guidelines, and the ELCCT training.
- Oversees conferences and assessment forms from all the teachers in all the classrooms.
- Performs other duties of center staff as required and qualified, including, cleaning, classroom teacher, driving or center management in temporary absences of any staff as requested.
- Reports to the Center Director.
- Starting at $27K/yr depending on experience
- Must have degree
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits plus Pension Plan
- Operating hours: 6:30-6:00p; Flexible schedule (must be able open or close the facility)
- Must have experience writing toddler curriculum
- Knowledge of Abeka Curriculum a plus
- Must pass extensive background check as well as provide 3 professional references
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications